Luisa Munoz, Gypsy singer born in Montpellier (France), has a great familiar curriculum: she belongs to “Los Montoya” one of the strains that most artists has given the world of flamenco, as her aunt Antonia “La Negra” or her cousins Lole Montoya and Angelita.
French by birth, Málaga becomes her hometown so she can join the company of dancer Antonio Veronica. Quickly begins to be requested by the main local clubs (P.F. “Juan Breva” P.F. “The Piyayo” …) and increases her recognition throughout the province, performing in major clubs, tablaos and festivals in Malaga.
This is an artist with an extensive and versatile repertoire, capacity and qualities to both sing and dance. Fully dominates the festive songs, without leaving the most solemn and jondo side, whether free songs as “la malagueña” or “la taranta”, or sing in rhythm as “la soleá” or “la bulería”. With her family roots, completed with her study and dedication to singing, she has evolved considerably, increasing her already extensive repertoire with more and more songs and styles that take us to the golden age of flamenco.
She has shared the stage with artists such as: `La Cañeta de Málaga’, José de la Tomasa, Tomasa Guerrero ‘La Macanita’, Pepito Vargas,` El Remache’, `Canela de San Roque’, Mari Peña and Carmen Ledesma, among many others.
Notable shows among others:
– In the show ‘Raíces’ in the last Biennial ‘Málaga en Flamenco’, with Paco Cepero, Mari Peña and Manuel Molina in the Auditorium `La Paloma’ de Benalmádena (Málaga),
– In ‘Milan Flamenco’ festival in Italy,
– In the Nimes Flamenco Festival (France),
– The Flamenco Festival ‘Ciudad de Málaga’,
– Flamenco Festival of Rincon de la Victoria (Málaga),
– In the cycle `Flamenco BBK’ in Bilbao,
– In the cycle ‘Flamenco de altura’ within the program of the Biennial `Málaga en Flamenco’,
– In ‘El Burgo’ festival,
– Peña Flamenca `La Bodega’ in Torrox,
– Peña Flamenca ‘Juan Breva’ in Malaga,
– Peá Flamenca ‘Torre Zambra’ of Casabermeja (Málaga).
This post is also available in:
Español Català 简体中文 日本語 Русский Français Italiano Deutsch 한국어